Home » Birmingham United Church of Christ Records

Birmingham United Church of Christ Records

What’s online?

The entire collection is scanned and online.

What’s in the entire collection?

The Birmingham United Church of Christ Records consists of ten reels of microfilm containing a constitution and journal, history, minute books, lists of members, memorial publications, baptismal, marriage, burial, and financial records from 1843-1977. Also contained in the collection is a burial register that spans from 1902-1975 and cemetary deeds from 1896-1975. The church constitution and journal are in German and span from 1846-1889. The "official" church history dates from 1846-1926; there is also mention of an "unofficial" church history. The collection also has a 50th Year Jubilee Booklet, in German, that is dated 1896. The finanical records span from 1889-1967.

About the Birmingham United Church of Christ

The Birmingham United Church of Christ, originally chartered in June of 1846 as a United Evangelical Protestant Church, arose from the efforts of German-speaking residents living in the borough of Birmingham (now the South Side of Pittsburgh) who had worshipped at the Smithfield Street United Evangelical Protestant Church. Throughout its history, the word 'Birmingham' has been retained in identifying this church. In 1924, the Birmingham church joined other United Evangelical Protestant Churches in the General Council of Congregational Churches. In 1964, the churches affiliated with the United Church of Christ.

(1 - 20 of 67)

Pages

Pages