Getting started - search results
The search results display gives you a quick overview of your multiple collection search results and easy access to a variety of viewing options for the items in the list.
The parts of the results display include (see Fig. 1 below):
1. The search query summary statementThe query summary statement always appears at the top of the results by item display. The summary statement echoes the initial search terms, including what area of the text was specified, the type of search conducted, and the results either for all collections included in the search, or the current collection selected in the results by collection menu. finally, the summary statement indicates what sort order, if any, the results are in.
2. The results by collection menuThe results by collection menu (Fig. 2)
of the display and indicates the number of hits for each collection. Additionally, clicking on a collection link causes results for only that collection to be displayed in the results by item list.
3. The results by item display
The results by item display shows the individual items (books, journal articles) in which matches of the query occured. Initially the results by item display shows all items in list format, with a maximum of 25 items per page. Each item in the list (Fig. 3) contains brief bibliographic information, a summary of occurrences for that item, and several viewing options for that item.
From each item in the list, a viewer has four options:
- results details - will load detailed information about restults for that item, showing
context for each match of the query. (see Fig 4.)
- table of contents - goes to a bibliographic citation for the item and lists all contents
for the item.
- view text - will either load the entire text into the browser window, or go to the first
page of the item, depending on the encoding format of the item.
- add to bookbag - will add the item to your bookbag.