Between 1836 and 1841, the city limits of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, were extended. This was done, in part, through a series of reports issued by courts, surveyors, and commissions to the City Council. The collection consists of a minute book detailing this extension. The minute book is in chronological order and contains a variety of court reports and reports by surveyors and a commission carrying out orders from the state assembly. Included are financial records related to the expense of hiring surveying firms and records of the work done by those firms.