This series includes maps and information sheets related to the Sewickley Mine. The Sewickley Mine was a slope mine located in Arona, Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, on the Little Sewickley Creek, half a mile east of Herminie, on the north side of the Pennsylvania Railroad tracks. The mine was owned by Sewickley Gas and Coal Company, Greensburg, Pennsylvania (ca. 1898-1902), then by the Keystone Coal and Coke Company, Greensburg, Pennsylvania (ca. 1903-1920). The Sewickley Mine was merged with Keystone Mine Shaft on June 1, 1920.