Scope and Content Notes:
Series III contains materials relating to the Board, committees, and projects of the Pittsburgh Section. In its earliest years the Pittsburgh Section was run by just a few women serving as officers. As membership grew and various projects were undertaken, committee and Board members were elected and appointed to fulfill certain governance functions. The oldest and most continuous records available are from the Executive Board (1914-1917, 1925-1973). The formation of an Executive Committee consisted of a President, Vice President, Corresponding, Recording, and Financial Secretaries, Auditor, Historian, and five Members of the Executive Board (1926-1969, 1971). A Steering Committee, which was made up of the Executive Committee plus appointed members, served as an Advisory Committee to the President from 1936-1946. An Advisory Committee, whose minutes date from 1946 was replaced by the Executive Committee in 1964, although references to the Advisory Committee continue to 1971. There are also materials from the Board of Directors, an honorary function for the section from 1950 (1933-1960).