Shaare Torah Congregation, Pittsburgh, Pa. Records
Shaare Torah Congregation (Pittsburgh, Pa.).
12.5 linear feet (16 boxes)
The Shaare Torah Congregation was founded in 1880 by Orthodox Jewish immigrants to Pittsburgh. The first permanent synagogue for the congregation was built in 1909, and longtime Rabbi Bernard A. Poupko was installed in 1943. This collection contains records of Shaare Torah from Rabbi Poupko's tenure and slightly before, including records of membership, programs hosted by the congregation, and cemetery records.