Pittsburgh Central Labor Union Records
Central Labor Union (Frederickstown, Pa.).
2.5 linear feet (2 boxes; 7 microfilm reels)
The Pittsburgh Central Labor Union, known first as the Iron City Central Council or the Iron City Central Trades Council, was founded in Pittsburgh in 1901 as a central labor federation for the various Pittsburgh unions. This collection documents the activities of the Pittsburgh Central Labor Union, primarily through minutes of executive board and membership meetings, from 1929 to 1959. In 1961, the PCLU merged with three other central labor federations to form the Allegheny County Labor Council.