The Butler Savings Bank was organized on January 29, 1868, opened on February 3, with James Bredin serving as its first president, and was located in Butler, Pennsylvania. Directors of the bank during its early years included, James Bredin, William Campbell, H. Julius Klinsler, William Vogeley, and John M. Thompson.
The bank was rechartered in 1902, forming the Butler Savings and Trust Company, with William Campbell Jr. as its first president. In 1961, the directors of the Butler Savings and Trust Co. approved a merger with the Commonwealth Trust Co. of Pittsburgh, forming the Commonwealth Bank and Trust Company. In 1964, the Commonwealth Bank and Trust Co. merged with Union National Bank, which renamed itself Integra Bank in 1991. Integra Bank became the National City Bank of Pennsylvania in 1996, before being acquired by National City Bank in 2006. PNC Bank acquired National City Bank in 2009. PNC Bank continues to have branch offices in the Butler area.