Juniata Crossings House Records
Juniata Crossings House (Everett, Pa.).
0.25 linear feet (2 volumes)
The Juniata Crossings House was a nineteenth century inn owned and operated by Samuel P. Shull in the town of Everett in Bedford County, Pennsylvania. The records of the Juniata Crossing House include two volumes of the guest register which contains the names and permanent residences of guests who stayed at the Crossings House between 1886 and 1916.
ULS Archives Service Center
University of Pittsburgh Library System
7500 Thomas Boulevard
Pittsburgh, PA, 15260
Finding aid prepared by Angela Manella.
Collection Scope and Content Notes
This collection contains the register of the Juniata Crossings House that was owned and operated by Samuel P. Shull in Everett, Pennsylvania. The register includes the names and permanent residences of guests between August 1886 and August 1916. Almost all guests were from other towns in Pennsylvania, and many Everett residents visited the Crossing House for community events such as hay rides. Groups like the Juniata Pedestrian Club, a gubernatorial fishing party, and employees of the Lineman W. U. Telegraph Co. also held events at the Crossing House.
- Guest books -- Pennsylvania -- Everett
- Hotels -- Pennsylvania -- Bedford County
- Hotels -- Pennsylvania -- Everett
- Juniata Crossings House (Everett, Pa.).
- Bedford County (Pa.)
- Everett (Pa.)
Access and Use
Gift to the Darlington Memorial Library in 1937.
This collection was located in the Darlington Memorial Library in the University’s Cathedral of Learning until 2007 when it was moved to the ULS Archives Service Center for processing, storage, preservation and service. However, it remains in the custodianship of the ULS Special Collections Department.
Juniata Crossings House Records, 1886-1916, DAR.1937.12, Darlington Collection, Special Collections Department, University of Pittsburgh
This collection was processed by Angela Manella in July 2007.
No copyright restrictions.
|| Volume 1, August 6, 1886-July 5, 1896
|| Volume 2, May 5, 1899-August 19, 1916