The Archives Service Center added 62 Radio Publications to our Documenting Pitt
website (Assorted Publications
). In March 1924 the University of Pittsburgh established an educational radio station broadcasting through Westinghouse Station KDKA. Authorities in various fields of research and teaching, mostly from the University, gave talks on topics ranging from art to science. These talks were summarized in the pamphlets, called Radio Publications, and distributed widely. The talks were discontinued in 1930 for reasons of economy, but the publications document the research and ideas of some of the most prominent faculty of the University.