Archives Service Center - News

Archives Service Center

7500 Thomas Boulevard

Pittsburgh, PA 15208

phone: 412-648-3232

fax: 412-648-2170

Contact Us

Hours | Staff | Directions

 

Archives of Industrial Society

 

University Archives

 

Dick Thornburgh Papers

 

University Records Management

 

Audio-Visual Materials

 

Digital Collections

 

Usage Policies & Guidelines

 

Ordering Reproductions

 

ASC News

Search Collection Guides:

 



   Advanced Search

 
Browse Collection Guides (New!)

Browse by subjects, topics, repositories and more!


Browse does not work well using Internet Explorer; highly recommend using Firefox, Chrome or Safari browsers.



subscribe to news updates with our rss feed

Jan 21, 2010

ASC Adds Remaining Hopkins Maps to Historic Pittsburgh

The Archives Service Center added twelve more real estate plat maps of Pittsburgh created by the G.M. Hopkins Company to the Historic Pittsburgh Maps Collection. They include Volume 1 and Volume 2 from 1889 (City of Pittsburgh), 1895 (eastern vicinity), 1896 (southern vicinity), 1897 (northern vicinity), Volume 3 from 1900 (City of Pittsburgh), Volume 4 from 1901 (City of Pittsburgh), Volume 1 from 1907 (Allegheny City), Volume 3 and Volume 4 from 1911 (City of Pittsburgh), Volume 8 from 1915 (eastern vicinity), and Volume 11 from 1940 (northwest vicinity). These additions represent the conclusion of a project by the ASC to identify and digitize all the Hopkins maps produced for Pittsburgh between 1872 and 1940.